In Europe, Met52® granular is registered in many countries. Met52 granular is a contact bioinsecticide that provides powerful control against the devastation of black vine weevil larvae.
Key benefits of Met52
- Preventive application
- Ease of use
- No known resistance
- No chemical residue or harvest restrictions
- No toxicological classification
- Duration of action: one full growing season
- Compatible with other methods of control
- Can be used in organic farming (according to each country rules)
Met52 granular is effective thanks to the ability of Metarhizium anisopliae to infect insects at different developing stages. When Met52 granular is applied to the growing media, the spores are removed from the rice carrier and mixed with the substrate. As the insect moves in the growing media the spores make contact with the surface of the insect causing them to germinate. Then the Metarhizium spores grow and penetrate the insect, resulting in its infection and mortality, then potentially the formation of further fungal spores that may emerge from the dead insect. In the absence of sensitive stages of the target insects in the soil or media, spores can survive through the season without germinating.
Met52 granular has been approved for the following crops, both in regular soils and in containers:
- Tree nursery crops and perennial plants
- Flower crops and potted plants
- Strawberries, blackcurrants and red, white or blue gooseberries, brambleberries and/or raspberries
MSDS and Labels
For information on how to apply, store, and handle Met52 or for information on its limited warranty, please see the labels.
For information on composition and safety, please see the Material Safety Data Sheet